Fundraising Day for Landen Alexa
On March 3rd there is a HUGE fundraising event to benefit Landen. Coordinated by Margaret Ayres, a group of volunteers are coming together at the Sooke Community Hall for TWO events:
10am – 5pm there is a Family Carnival Benefit & Silent Auction.
Bring the kids & your Loonies, Toonies and Quarters!
- Admission is by donation
- All games activities inside will cost a Loonie, Toonie or quarters!
- All proceeds will go to Landen Alexa
- There will be Bouncy Castles, A magician, live DJ, Photo Booth, and many games to play
- Ongoing silent auction during the event.
That night there is an Adult Dance Benefit with the band SuperSauce
- Doors open at 8:30pm and the band starts at 9pm
- Tickets are $10 in advance & $15 at the door
- Advance tickets can be purchased at The Stick in the Mud & Shoppers in Sooke
- All proceeds will go to Landen Alexa’s treatment
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Come out, have some fun and support a great cause!!
Sooke is not a community that will stand by and see one of our children suffer. We are here for Landen Jillian & their family, they are not alone – they have a whole community around them!
A donation can be made at any Coast Capital Savings branch. Just tell them you want to make a donation in trust for Landen Alexa.
There is also a GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/landens-fight-for-canakinumab
Here are a few things that I am so proud to say about this event:
- Sooke Community Association has donated the space at the community hall for everything!
- A portion of the event insurance has been covered by HUB insurance!
We have a LOT of activities planned for the day
- A bunch of games for kids to play
- Face-painting by Jill Warne & another parent from the community
- a magician, Paul Kilshaw, from Victoria to do magic and twist balloons!
- A photo booth by Roxanne Low
- Helium balloons
- a bouncy castle from Just Bounce Inflatables
- DJ Ron Larson playing at the daytime event
ALL of these people are volunteering their services for the event! Isn't that amazing!!
- Also an online auction and silent auction will be going on!
(thanks Sabrina & Niki for coordinating that!)
Then there is the dance at night:
- the band SuperSauce has volunteered to perform!!
- Shadow West Security are going to donate their services
- Sooke Fax & Copy has donated the tickets to be sold for the dance
- Sooke Oceanside Brewery is donating a keg or two for the dance
- Andy's 2-for-1 Pizza is donating for the concession at the dance
- The Community Association is going to donate their time to tend bar at the dance.